Hey dear friends,
Here are some random facts about myself…some which you may know already…and some which may be a surprise to you 🙂
1) I love singing karaoke (particularly Bollywood songs from the 1960s and 70s). In fact, in my debut novel ‘Unravelling Anjali: Diary of an Immigrant Bride’, I have shown several of my characters being part of a karaoke group that sings Hindi film songs.
2) I rarely watch TV ( whenever I have some free time, I prefer reading either fiction or non-fiction books). On the odd occasion, though, if there is a really good movie being shown on TV, I will watch it. But a good book is always within arm’s reach)
3) My grandmother, Kumudini Rangnekar, was a famous Marathi author of her time. I grew up watching her write her masterpieces 🙂 and being thoroughly inspired.
4) As a child, I was extremely shy and timid (a fact no one believes any more, because I’ve been called a ‘chatterbox’ on many an occasion)
5) My favourite meal is dal and rice with pickle
6) I’m deeply affected by the weather. If the sun is shining, I feel energetic. If it’s dark and dismal, I feel gloomy.
7) I hate arguments and will do anything to avoid one.
8) My truly creative time is during the early hours of the morning. Most of my novel was written somewhere between the hours of 2 am and 6 am.
9) I’m a die-hard romantic and will cry inconsolably if a mushy novel I’m reading ends sadly.
10) The quality I find most attractive is a sense of humour. I adore funny people who say funny things 🙂